At a Vikings game, there are bound to be a variety of types of people. There will always be the extreme sports fanatics, the little kids that are future extreme sports fanatics, and just the average person. When I went to the Vikings game this sunday, I noticed many different people with many different traits.
When I met the person sitting next to me, the first word that came to mind for me to describe him with is "loneliness". It was clear that he had not come to the game with anyone else, for the people sitting next to him were talking with each other but not to him. He talked to me a lot, considering that we had never met before. I saw him check his phone at least twenty times, and each time he put his phone right back into his pocket like he had not received a message. Also, he did not once talk on the phone with anyone.
The person sitting in front of me had a personality with the exact definition of "angry". Almost every time a ref called a penalty on the vikings, he would scream at the top of his lungs about how bad the call was. His girlfriend that was sitting next to him almost seemed embarrassed to be with him. When, we started walking out of the stadium, he started getting mad at someone wearing a Titans jersey. During the game, he had a constant snare on his face.
Three rows behind me sat the commissioner of the NFL, Roger Goodell. He seemed to be very "up-tight". Since no one has probably ever seen him in person, there were people crowding him to take pictures, and he denied all of them. The person sitting next to him tried to start conversation, and Goodell seemed to keep answering him with one word answers. When he was trying to find his seat, he did not ask anyone how to get to it, but took 15 minutes finding it.
This experience at the Vikings game taught how much you can really learn from paying attention to people's actions. Often, if you pay close attention to people, your opinion will be greatly changed of them. This has showed me that I should not form first impressions of people before I actually pay attention to how they act.
No comments:
Post a Comment