http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWCTNjUmE4
To almost everyone that listens to this speech, there will be at least one point where they are actually laughing aloud to themselves over a comment this man makes in his speech. I had at least ten of these hilarious moments while listening to it. The valedictorian that is giving this speech uses many different techniques to make his audience get amused. One technique commonly used throughout this speech is appealing to the audience's interests. Even without knowing anything about his teachers, I started cracking up at a few of his jokes about teachers. These are the kind of jokes the audience he is delivery his speech to wants to hear. Since they are students at his school, they can relate well to his jokes, which causes the audience to laugh a great amount. Also, he frequently uses loaded language throughout his speech. One example I found particularly funny was when he said, "arousing hurrah". He could have just said that they should cheer when he says something important, using arousing hurrah makes the sentence more interesting and humorous. Finally, I noticed that he changes the tone of his voice many times throughout the speech. Sometimes his voice goes really high, and sometimes really low, both creating different, funny moments. The changes in his tone really keep the speech more interesting and make certain moments a lot more humorous if in the right context. Overall, all of these technique work together to make this speech straight out hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment