Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Playoffs? Don't Talk About Playoffs!

During the regular football season in the National Football League, I never like to think about what is going to happen in the playoffs.  I like to sit back, relax, and watch the good, the bad, and the ugly all  battle against each other until, often, the predicted winner crushes the other team.  These are some of the best seventeen weeks of the year.  But when it is finally time for the playoffs, everything gets real, and I start watching intensely to see who wins and loses.

For me, the playoffs could be some of the best and the worst weeks.  If the teams I want are winning, my spirits are high, and I have a positive attitude through everything I am doing.  But, if I'm losing, you better watch out, because I am going to explode in fury.  Some years it has gotten so bad that my parents have to remove all sharp objects away from me in case I go on a rampage (not that I am that crazy or anything).

But overall, the playoffs are a time for me to enjoy every second of the best teams playing against each other.  Since I am more focused during the playoffs, I am able to analyze every players moves and realize just how high the skill level is in each game.  I analyze the players' speed, agility, toughness, accuracy, and overall talent.  The skilled players in the playoffs give me the opportunity to have a very high level of analysis.  

I know what you are thinking right now, "This guy is completely obsessed with football!"  The truth of the matter is, though, I am obsessed with football, and I am not afraid to admit it.  Football is an art to me, and I have such an analytical mind that I find so much joy in watching the different playing styles in the NFL.  The playoffs are the main time I am able to fully take in everything that is happening on the football field.  So, while it may not be the best thing that I am obsessed with football, I know it is something I am passionate about, and for the next four weeks, I will enjoy every tackle, every interception, every touchdown, every field goal, every long pass, every short pass, every run, every broken tackle, and every moment of the NFL playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment