Monday, November 26, 2012

Complex is not Descriptive Enough

My sister, Danielle, is the most complex person that has ever lived on this planet.  No, I am serious, I am not overreacting at all.  She can switch from one personality to another in one second, and I never know what to expect when talking to her.

When she is not extremely happy and bouncing off the walls, she is complaining about everything
"I totally failed that test."
"Of course Danielle, just like how you have failed every other test in your life."
"But I'm actually serious this time."

Often, when I walk in the door to find her at home, she is sitting and watching television.  When I say hello to her, there are literally a million different responses I can expect her to give me.  It is impossible to read her emotions from her face, so I just have to go along with whatever she is feeling then.  Even if  she is in the happiest mood in the world, she may still be on the verge of a breakdown.

When getting into a fight with her, there is no winning.  Often none of her arguments make sense, but they somehow work together to seem completely logical.  The easiest way to get out of the fights is just admitting that she is right, even if she is completely right.  It does lower my self-esteem in a way, but I do not have to end up enduring her hurtful words this way.

While she can be unpleasant, she still is a great sister.  When she is in a good mood, she will be willing to talk with me about anything, and she will give the best advice.  Also, she helps me get through many tough situations which I would not have been able to get through without her.  I love my sister, and I am able to overlook her mood swings to see how great of a person she actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment