Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Process of Writing

       To me, writing is one of the more complex process's in the world.  When you take into account how much thought goes into each word of writing, you see how much effort really goes into it.  Before I write, I always first brainstorm numerous ideas that could somehow fit into my writing.  Although not the most time consuming, this may be the most troublesome of all writing process's.  It is very tough to trim down a thousand great ideas into just a few for my writing.  After I figure out which ideas I am using, my writing commences.
       While to many starting to write is the hardest process of writing, to me, it is by far the easiest.  When I start to write, I write unlimitedly, and ideas fly into my head very rapidly.  While this way of writing may not produce the most quality work, it helps in forming what my essay is going to look like in the future and leaves room for revisions.  This step takes the least time out of any process in writing for me.
       After writing my first draft, I go straight into making revisions, the longest process of my writing.  It usually takes up to ten revisions until I feel my writing is satisfying.  The first few revisions are lengthy and take a lot of work, but when I make more and more revisions, it becomes a lot shorter.  When I make my revisions, the errors I look for most are grammatical errors and lack of detail.  It seems I lack a great amount of detail when I first draft a writing piece.  While these revisions are very time consuming and sometimes seem unnecessary, I know that they are the most crucial parts of the writing process.
       After I have made these revisions, my writing process concludes.  At this point, I feel satisfied with my piece of writing, and to me, I have done my best work.  This writing process may not work for everyone, but for me, it makes way for my best quality of writing.  I have used this process for as long as I remember, and I will use this process for the rest of my writings I will ever make.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment